What is the Liebster Award? I had the same question when I first started blogging. And I always wondered, how can I get that kind of love?
And here we are, nominated by Emma’s Mamma (@emmasmammablog) a few
weeks months ago! Thank you! I’ve finally learned that the Liebster Award is a way to get to know newer-ish bloggers and to encourage other new-ish bloggers to participate.
To be honest, I don’t like writing about myself. Bios take me ages to write. I think I’m far too brutally honest, I sound silly most of the time, and I also tend to be a little wordy. But getting an award is kind of fun so I guess I’ll suck it up!
Here are the questions from Emma’s Mamma:
- What made you start blogging?
My original plan was to write about the non-complicated side of vaccine research. Does the vaccine story even have a non-complicated side? Anyways, I work in vaccine research on the management side, not the technical/doctor/biological side. So I wanted to talk about how vaccines are and continue to be studied in simple parent-language. Turns out, I haven’t really focused all that much on it besides this article.
- What’s your favourite book?
Disney Wars. It’s about the rise and fall and rise and fall of Disney, mostly under Michael Eisner’s rule. It talks about how our favourite disney movies (the classics!) were developed and came to be!
- Who inspires you the most in life and why?
My mum and my dad. For obvious reasons. And sometimes Little N (my toddler). She can make EVERY situation funny and carefree. She reminds me to not sweat the little things. And that life just seems better without pants on.
- If you could be a Disney Princess who would you be?
Does Nala count? (Lion King is the best)
- What’s your earliest memory?
I think the 3rd grade. I got glasses that year.
- What’s the last thing you had to eat?
A home made butter tart. Not made by me (I wish). My in-laws brought a bunch for their visit last week.
- What made you chose your blog name?
Every single other mummy blog name was taken. There are literally none left. I was getting frustrated with the lack of options so I asked my husband what I should choose – and he said, “I don’t know, mumma knows?”. The End.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Back to Dubai for a visit. We miss it there – every time we get into the wine we start talking about what our life was like in Dubai.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
I would live in Europe if my income would support it. Then my kids could learn a different language!
- What do you love most about blogging?
Sharing stupid moments that others can relate to and laugh at!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 (or 11) questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate and link 10 (or 11) bloggers.
4. Notify all the bloggers you’ve nominated.
5. Create 10 (or 11) new questions for your nominees to answer.
I’ve seen this award a lot lately, so in hopes to not duplicate, I’m only nominating 8 (and I’m pairing it with only 7 questions!). Please feel free to comment below if you haven’t received this reward and I’ll add you to my nominations list.
- Were you married before or after kids and does getting married before kids matter to you?
- Would you rather live in the country or the city?
- Would you rather go to a big party or have coffee with a close friend?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What do you do when your kids are napping?
- What is your favourite thing to blog about?